[*] Garbled Outbound Audio

Roland.Gallinera at MCICoach.com Roland.Gallinera at MCICoach.com
Tue Sep 14 09:25:03 CDT 2010

You might want to try a different router or check your physical MTS lines.
In some cases, if your physical line has problems, the router chokes and
needs a couple of milliseconds to compensate hence an send/receive error
occurs and retries occur. Check your router error messages (clear it first
or take note of the first occurrence of the send/receive retries, and then
check the time when the garbled audio occurred)

Regards,

Roland Gallinera
Senior Analyst Programmer
Motor Coach Industries
1475 Clarence Avenue
Winnipeg, MB  R3T 1T5
Direct Line: (204) 287-GEEK (287-4335)
roland.gallinera at mcicoach.com

"Bergen, Mark" <mbergen at obsglobal.com>
Sent by: asterisk-bounces at muug.mb.ca
09/13/2010 08:26 PM

"asterisk at muug.mb.ca" <asterisk at muug.mb.ca>
cc

Subject
[*] Garbled Outbound Audio

We have noticed on occasion the outbound audio on our phone system is
garbled. We have checked the network and it seems to be in good order. It
happens randomly and usually only for a few seconds (just long enough to
annoy users). It has also happened when there was only a light load on the
network.
We configured one of the snom 320 handsets to only use the G711u codec and
no real change (outbound audio was still garbled a couple of times briefly
over a 1.5hr phone call). Our system uses VoIP only inside our local
network, we have an MTS PRI for outbound calls.
Anyone have any ideas or pointers?
Thanks;
Mark

Mark Bergen
Network Support Analyst
ONLINE BUSINESS SYSTEMS
Explore | Innovate | Lead

200-115 Bannatyne Ave., Winnipeg MB  R3B 0R3
mbergen at obsglobal.com |  Direct Line: 204.982-0218
Office: 204.982.0200  |  Fax: 204.982.0201
www.obsglobal.com