[*] Long Distance PIN

Bergen, Mark mbergen at obsglobal.com
Wed Sep 1 13:09:52 CDT 2010

Hello all;
We are using Trixbox 2.8 in one of our offices connected to a PRI (Allstream) and there are two things we are struggling with:

1.      We use PIN's for all of our long distance calls, is there some way to have the PIN included when a user makes a long distance call by using DTMF maybe? It is for the VMX locator, some of our consultants work outside of Winnipeg and would like to give users the option of contacting them at the office they are working in or by cell phone, but when a user tries they hear MTS prompting them for the PIN. We have managed to create custom outbound routes for individual users but can't get the DTMF part to work.

Here is some of what we have tried (5020 represents the users extension, so each outbound route can be unique):

exten => _50201NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(dialout-trunk,1,,D(www1234${EXTEN:4}))

and

[outrt-005-VmXtoLONGDISTANCEcalls-custom]

exten => _50201[12345678]XXNXXXXXX,1,Macro(user-callerid,SKIPTTL,)

exten => _50201[12345678]XXNXXXXXX,n,Set(_NODEST=)

exten => _50201[12345678]XXNXXXXXX,n,Macro(record-enable,${AMPUSER},OUT,)

exten => _50201[12345678]XXNXXXXXX,n,Macro(dialout-trunk,1,${EXTEN:4},,)

exten => _50201[12345678]XXNXXXXXX,n,Macro(senddtmf)

exten => _50201[12345678]XXNXXXXXX,n,Macro(outisbusy,)

[macro-senddtmf]

exten => s,1,SendDTMF (1234)

2.      The second problem is when a someone calls in and wishes to be transferred to an office or user that is not local and does not have a toll free number. Blind transfer will not work as the caller does not know the PIN and trying a attended transfer did not work either, Asterisk gives us a beep but we don't receive one from the phone company, how can we transfer a long distance call and enter the long distance PIN before the transfer completes?
Other than that the little Trixbox appliance is working fine, the Sangoma T1 card works great so far, and the FXO ports have not been a problem, faxing and analog phone are working.
Any direction or help with the above would be greatly appreciated.
Mark

Mark Bergen
Network Support Analyst
ONLINE BUSINESS SYSTEMS
Explore | Innovate | Lead

200-115 Bannatyne Ave., Winnipeg MB  R3B 0R3
mbergen at obsglobal.com<mailto:mbergen at obsglobal.com> |  Direct Line: 204.982-0218
Office: 204.982.0200  |  Fax: 204.982.0201
www.obsglobal.com<http://www.obsglobal.com/>