[*] Asterisk 1.8 - phonerpov

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Tue Dec 21 17:12:53 CST 2010

I've started exploring Asterisk 1.8 by going through all the config
files to see if there is anything new and interesting (surprisingly
little), but one thing that caught my eye is integration of phone
provisioning.

I found it interesting because of the way it works.

If I'm understanding the documentation correctly, the provisioning
system ties into Asterisk's integrated web server and dynamically
generates the configuration files on request based on templates you
configure.

The request is matched to a mac address in users.conf and all the
configuration information is generated on the fly.

More detail here:

http://etel.wiki.oreilly.com/wiki/index.php/Dynamic_Phone_Provisioning_with_res_phoneprov_and_TFTP

--
John Lange