[*] Tues Nov 3rd Meeting

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 28 13:32:18 CDT 2009

Asterisk User Group Meeting

Tues Nov 3rd
   7:00 PM

Epic Solutions
730 Taylor Ave  (corner of Taylor and Stafford)

http://tinyurl.com/2knxgh

Agenda:

  - General Discussion

  - I read a couple of interesting articles recently about how You Tube's
bandwidth costs are zero and how most Internet traffic bypasses Tier-one
networks. Ron Dallmeier(MRnet) will explain why this is so and expand on the
impact of research networks here and in the States.
http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/10/youtube-bandwidth/
http://telephonyonline.com/global/news/arbor-traffic-study-081309/

  - Dan Keizer will talk about Google Voice.
http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

  - John Lange will talk about the new Cisco IP phones and demo the SPA525g
http://tinyurl.com/yj8rbnb

  - I will demo and talk about the virtualization system Proxmox VE. I will demo
the latest versions of AsteriskNow and PBX in a Flash(PIAF) running under it.
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Main_Page

An invite to all who have never attended in the past.

Look forward to seeing you on Tues,
Bill