[*] Automatic Page/announcement with call files

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Mon Oct 27 13:12:56 CDT 2008

I'd like to use asterisk to play a preset message/sound on a single
phone at a given interval (this is hooked up to a paging system).

I figure the easiest thing to do would be to use a call file dropped
into /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing running on a cron.

The problem is, the call file connects a channel (a SIP device) to a
dialplan which is fine except it won't start executing the dialplan
until the sip device is answered.

In the call file how do I tell the sip device to auto-answer so the
dialplan starts executing?

Or maybe there is a better way to do this?

--
John Lange
www.johnlange.ca