[*] Help! Echo in new Zaptel drivers and generic X100P

Hernan Popper hernan at popper.ca
Thu May 17 11:04:52 CDT 2007

John, * Gurues,

I desperately need some help. I've upgraded my trixbox 2.0 to 2.2, and
now I have a horrible echo on my PSTN line. I've been browsing the web
and it looks like the issue is with the new zaptel drivers. Does
anybody have any clue on how to fix this?

I'm thinking trashing my config and going back to the old zaptel
drivers, but I have no idea how to do it (remember, I know nothing
about linux, that's why I use trixbox)

I also started getting a kernel panic error somewhere in Zaptel when
rebooting my server, and after googling it seems to be related to the
echo cancellation issue (octqve or something like that).

Worst case scenario, I was thinking on reinstalling trixbox 2.0 with
the all zaptel drivers and do all my configuration again. Is either
solving it or getting a divorce demand from my wife after switching
all the phones in my new house to use VoIP and Trixbox as the
interfase to the PSTN.

Could buying a ATA with a FXO to replace the $10 X100P clone help?

Any advise would be extremelly usefull.

Hernan