[*] Using a '#' termninator for a variable length extension

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Wed Aug 1 10:56:06 CDT 2007

Doh! You are correct of course. The code provided strips the final
terminator digit from a variable length extension but does nothing to
actually let you capture it more effectively.

I guess the only way to do it is to create a different pattern for every
possibility.

_X#
_XX#
_XXX#

etc.

I'm going to post this to the Ontario list to see if anyone has an idea.

John