[*] Digium's Kevin Fleming to keynote at IT360

Simon P. Ditner simon-maug at uc.org
Wed Apr 11 23:50:38 CDT 2007

Hi everyone,

Kevin Fleming, Sr. Software Engineer with Digium, and the co-maintainer
of Asterisk has been added to the IT360 conference as the Asterisk
Conference Keynote! Digium has also come on-board as a conference
sponsor.

The 'early bird special' has also been extended for one week until April
18 for Asterisk & Open Telephony conference registrations. Full
registration also includes the entire program of 70 sessions over three
days.

The full conference schedule is at:
  http://www.it360.ca/conf_glance_db.cfm

And the Asterisk specific content:
  http://www.it360.ca/asterisk.cfm

Registering: As an association, we get 25% off the listed prices for
their various packages. Our discount code is: "A101", and our association
name is "Toronto Asterisk Users Group". You can register online at:

 https://www.exporeg.com/it360/

Confirmed topics at the Asterisk & Open Source Telephony Conference
include:

- Installing Asterisk
- Open Source Telephony Security
- A gentle introduction to VOIP for business
- Migrating from POTS to VOIP
- Asterisk and Small Business
- Integrating Asterisk and other Open Source Applications
- What are Enterprises Doing with Asterisk?
- Exploring the Unknown-what you didn't know your phone system could do
- Open Source Call Centres
- How to choose the Right VoIP solution
- The Challenge of Deploying High Quality VoIP
- VoIP Security Threats combined with Vulnerabilities of a VoIP Network
- Understanding SIP

TAUG is working closely with the conference organizers this year, and
they're very interested in our feedback -- so let me know if anything
comes to mind that would make this year's (and hopefully next year's)
conference better.

After the conference day ends on Tuesday, May 1st, TAUG will be hosting a
user group meeting from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. That part is free, and everyone
is welcome to attend.

Cheers,
spd