[*] Reminder: Meeting tonight & question

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Tue Apr 3 13:36:12 CDT 2007

For anyone who doesn't already know, here is the location of the meeting:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=730+Taylor+ave+winnipeg+mb+canada&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=36.200367,83.583984&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1&iwloc=addr

As mentioned earlier, I will have all of the new Aastra phones on hand
to demonstrate at the meeting.

As I only received these phones late last week I really haven't had much
time to play with them so I'm proposing that we make this a bit more of
a "hacking" session.

If people want to throw out ideas like "can we make the phone do
this ..." then we can play around and see what we can do.

These phone have XML push-pull interfaces so there should be a lot of
interesting "hacks" you can do.

One thing that I've wanted to do is to get a light on the phone to
indicate the status of something (other than being on the phone).

So for example, "night bell". You press the button on the phone and it
sets the system to night mode and keeps the light on to indicate
"night".

Or even something more crazy like pressing a button to "buzz" a door
open and having the light stay on as long as the door is open.

If anyone wants to toss out some ideas either now on the list or tonight
during the meeting perhaps we'll play around with it.

John