[*] TDM400P doesn't answer

Michael J. Dikkema mjd at moot.ca
Mon Sep 18 13:36:50 CDT 2006

Hi, all.

I'm trying out a TDM400P for the first time. I'm trying to setup 1 line as
inbound and 3 as outbound. I want calls coming to the outbound lines to be
dropped immediately. Here's what I have.

-- snip --

[from-outbound-fxo]

; Hangup on calls coming into outbound FXOs

exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Hangup()

-- snip --

It gets into the context fine, and executes both lines. As the calling
party, all I hear is ringing. Asterisk does the following:

-- snip --

     -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/2-1'
Sep 18 18:06:50 NOTICE[1516]: chan_zap.c:6075 ss_thread: Got event 2
(Ring/Answered)...
    -- Executing Answer("Zap/2-1", "") in new stack
    -- Executing Hangup("Zap/2-1", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (from-outbound-fxo, s, 2) exited non-zero on
'Zap/2-1'
    -- Hungup 'Zap/2-1'
    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/2-1'
Sep 18 18:07:02 NOTICE[1516]: chan_zap.c:6075 ss_thread: Got event 2
(Ring/Answered)...
    -- Executing Answer("Zap/2-1", "") in new stack
    -- Executing Hangup("Zap/2-1", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (from-outbound-fxo, s, 2) exited non-zero on
'Zap/2-1'
    -- Hungup 'Zap/2-1'

-- snip --

So, ring 1 comes in, I get the simple switch message. Ring 2 comes in, it
goes through the answer/hangup sequence. The line is still ringing to the
calling party. Ring 3 comes in, and I get the simple switch message again.
Ring 4 comes in and I get the answer/hangup sequence again. This will
continue repeating.

The line that is dedicated to inbound does answer properly. Is there
something in particular you have to do to answer zap channels?

Additionally, if there's any way to get the analog lines to answer on the
first ring, that would be great.

Thanks.