[*] 10Mbit speed - Shaw QoS Fraud?

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Thu Sep 7 11:42:03 CDT 2006

On 9/7/06, Bill Reid <billreid at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Sean Walberg wrote:
> > Fraud at worst, misleading at best.
>
> This certainly sounds like marketing spin.

I disagree (and I'm sure Seth Godin would have an essay or two to write
about this if I'm wrong).

http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/ProductsServices/Internet/ServiceEnhancement.htm

clearly indicates that problem with third party VoIP providers (and VoIP in
general) is of bandwidth contention and packet loss, which can be solved by
purchasing the "Service Enhancement".  If the product does nothing to solve
these problems, as is suggested earlier in the thread(s), then it's a clear
case of misrepresentation and not "spin".  It would be no different if they
claimed the service cured warts.

Sean

--
Sean Walberg <sean at ertw.com>    http://ertw.com/