[*] 10Mbit speed

Kevin D Scott kevinds at cashette.com
Wed Sep 6 16:15:42 CDT 2006

I have one of the SURFBoard 5101 modems.

Downloading from my hosted webserver, I was constantly getting 1.11MB/sec,
that is what wget was reporting anyways.

I have since dropped extreme, I was going to try their Quality of Service
instead, still $10, so my bill wouldn't change, but the Shaw service agent
told me it wouldn't cut my internet changing..  haha, I knew better, and
that she would pass me to someone who knew what it was after removing
extreme.

Well I was cut off, as expected, so I haven't tried the QOS enhancement yet.

Has anybody else here tried it?  Any results?  My biggest concern is that it
doesn't help all VoIP traffic, just some to the bigger services, Vonage,
Primus, ect.

Thanks for your time,

Kevin