[*] Have you used an ENUM system?

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Wed May 17 17:46:40 CDT 2006

Actually I have been talking to Duane recently which is what sparked
this investigation. As part of my due-diligence I need to look into
other similar systems.

Thanks for your feedback Bill.

John

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 12:30 -0500, Bill Reid wrote:
> John Lange wrote:
>
> > I'm aware of http://www.e164.org/ and was wondering if anyone knows of
> > other similar systems and has any opinions on them?
> >
> > Bill, if you are reading this I think you have done some research in
> > this area correct?
>

> I have joined a few but they all suffer the problem of "walled gardens" so I did
> not find it useful. For example I do not use enum lookups in my Asterisk server.
>
> I have exchanged emails with  Duane  duane at e164.org  one of the founders of
> e164.org over the discussion of using ISN. He felt that ISN was not needed you
> should use ENUM. He would be a good person to contact since e164.org has been
> running for a while. He is also behind the open CA registery  www.cacert.org.
>
> -- Bill

John Lange
OpenIT ltd. www.Open-IT.ca (204) 885 0872
VoIP, Web services, Linux Consulting, Server Co-Location