[*] Generating RTP broadcast packets

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Fri May 5 11:58:59 CDT 2006

The Linksys SPA line of phones (941, 841, 942 etc) all support paging
using a RTP multicast address "224.168.168.168:6061".

Beyond that I don't have much technical detail on how this works.

I assume that if you send RTP packets out to that multicast address the
phones will see them and send them to the speaker of the phone.

As far as I'm aware this is not currently supported in Asterisk.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to generate RTP packets to
test if we can get the phone to work with paging?

--
John Lange
OpenIT ltd. www.Open-IT.ca (204) 885 0872