[*] Meeting tonight ...

Dan Keizer ve4drk at gmail.com
Tue May 2 10:33:22 CDT 2006

Well, I was able to cobble together a working asterisk at home demo on my
laptop ... I'll bring to the meeting.
I am actually using a brand-new pre-built asterisk at home vmware image running
on my work xp dell laptop, with bridged networking and xten as the sip
client.  I wasn't sure if I'd have the ability to punch through a firewall
at the meeting tonight, so I had not setup an iax to fwd for demo.
So, I just have some information and some experiences to present, as well as
a working model to show.

Also, I received my wrt54g router from dell the other day (the one I ordered
for dirt cheap) ... and what i received was not what i was told ... i  was
told it was a v4 and i got a v5 .. but alas, i am using it as a replacement
for an old 10Mbit hub I had splitting my cable feed between two other
routers, so it's not a total loss after all :-)

Hopefully it'll also be a successful night unbricking bill's router.

BTW Bill, if you put a lan analyzer (sniffer/ethereal) on the router and
turn it on, is there any activity at all on any of the ports wan/lan ports?
If you also sniff the wireless side, do you see anything at all?  What kind
of lights are turned on/blinking when you turn it on??

Dan.