[*] Cisco 7970 now with SIP

Dominic Crompton DCrompton at ktc.mb.ca
Mon Mar 13 11:16:33 CST 2006

v7.1 is now configured for SIP, cisco is making a big move to transition CCM into SIP since they finally get it that the world runs on SIP. This is not only for the 7970 model but for all 79xx. I currently use 7940s with Asterisk, ill soon upgrade the firmware and test it out.

*Disclaimer* as always these phones are only ment to use CCM, cisco does not guarantee functionality with any other system, so the situation is if it works fine, if it doesn't accept it. After all Asterisk is CCM's main competition.

>>> john.lange at open-it.ca 3/13/2006 11:06 AM >>>
I read on another list that the Cisco 7970, the full colour LCD phone
with 8 lines now has a SIP version of its firmware.

--
John Lange
OpenIT ltd. www.Open-IT.ca (204) 885 0872