[*] Local Digium Reseller

LES.NET (1996) INC. voip at les.net
Wed Mar 1 13:30:13 CST 2006

Not really.

Simple reducing the number of interrupts by a factor of 10 would reduce
the load quite a bit.

The interrupts are used to pull the data off the T1 stream and provide it
to asterisk.

The sangoma cards pull it off more efficiently, and just provide it to
asterisk.

Not going to pretend to understand or be able to effectively describe
exactly how..  But anyone who's played with digum and sangoma cards says
hands down, the sangoma are better and place less load on the system.

Theres numerous articles on the interweeeb about performance tests people
have done too.

Les

> On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 12:47 -0600, LES.NET (1996) INC. wrote:
>> The sangoma driver has some zaptel layer that mimics the digium
>> hardware...
>
> That would imply that it would be more CPU intensive would it not?
>
> John
>

>> > Can't help you Les but I do have a question.
>> >
>> > Why do you use Sangoma cards?
>> >
>> > John

>> originated

>> T1s

>> > --
>> > John Lange
>> > OpenIT ltd. www.Open-IT.ca (204) 885 0872
>> > VoIP, Web services, Linux Consulting, Server Co-Location

> --
> John Lange
> OpenIT ltd. www.Open-IT.ca (204) 885 0872
> VoIP, Web services, Linux Consulting, Server Co-Location

Leslie Bester
LES.NET (1996) INC.
1-866-944-0009