[*] Local Digium Reseller

LES.NET (1996) INC. voip at les.net
Wed Mar 1 12:47:09 CST 2006

Well, I did a bit of research, and spent a couple hours on the phone with
Sangoma.

Here is what I've figured out.

Basically, two vendors exist for modern asterisk compatible cards on the
PRI/T1 Level.   Digium and Sangoma.    (The old Zapata cards are available
too, but not a consideration).

I may have the numbers slightly off.. but.. from what I've read, heard
from techs at digium + sangoma....

The digium card fires off 8000 interrupts per second (or it might be 1000
interrupts per second).

The sangoma cards fire off 1000 interrupts per second (or it might be low
hundreds).

The sangoma driver has some zaptel layer that mimics the digium hardware...

The end result is that the sangoma cards put less of a load on the sytsem.
 I think the figures were 20% to 30% last I talked to sangoma.

Infact, story goes Digium has prohibited Sangoma from disclosing stats
like that at the Digium symposiums.

AND they are cheaper than digium cards, but anywhere from $50 to $100 per
port on a reseller/distributor/retail level.

Les

> Can't help you Les but I do have a question.
>
> Why do you use Sangoma cards?
>
> John
>
> On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 08:18 -0600, LES.NET (1996) INC. wrote:
>> Well, I would like to report success with my Manitoba 800 network.
>>
>> After some significant fiddling, I'm able to accept 800 calls originated
>> from anywhere in Manitoba.
>>
>> HOWERVER!  I am short one Digium T1/PRI card!
>>
>> I had a single card for testing.. but the 800 network requires two T1s
>> interconnect.
>>
>> May be a long shot, but does anyone have a single,dual,quad Digium or
>> Sangoma PRI card laying around they'd like to sell?
>>
>> Les
>>
> --
> John Lange
> OpenIT ltd. www.Open-IT.ca (204) 885 0872
> VoIP, Web services, Linux Consulting, Server Co-Location

Leslie Bester
LES.NET (1996) INC.
1-866-944-0009