[*] MTS offers IP trunking

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Mon Jun 19 09:16:12 CDT 2006

Trunking would technically be a different thing than just IP
interconnect so perhaps thats what they are talking about.

AFAIK SIP does not have a method of trunking though there is one in the
works. I'm not sure what they would be using here but likely its
something that only works with their own equipment.

By the way, my interpretation of trunking would be multiple voice
channels controlled by a single signaling channel.

John