[*] AMD Machine

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Mon Jan 2 20:23:46 CST 2006

Interesting... I had always figured that with 8 bits to play with, it
would be all fixed point.  It appears there's both.  From
codecs/codec_g723_1.c

#ifdef ANNEX_B
static char *tdesc = "Annex B (floating point) G.723.1/PCM16 Codec
Translator";
#else
static char *tdesc = "Annex A (fixed point) G.723.1/PCM16 Codec
Translator";
#endif

(and if you look at the rest of the source, there are references to
float vars if ANNEX_B is defined.

So I guess it depends on the codec & implementation.

Sean