[*] PRI channel banks

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Tue Feb 28 19:15:21 CST 2006

The original diagram did not make sense to me. What is a PRI channel
bank?  And why would you run 3 asterisk servers interconnected to 3
asterisk servers?

A "channel bank" is something you use to drive analog phones its not
something that connects to the PSTN.

The "RedFone Communications foneBridge" is an ok value considering it
includes a 4 port TDM card but I find it strange that they are
advocating it for redundancy when it has no fail-over capabilities. What
happens when the foneBridge breaks?

I'd be inclined to agree with Les and just install 2 (or 3) Asterisk
servers with TDM cards and ask the PRI supplier to do fail-over on the
PRIs which is something they can easily do.

--
John Lange
OpenIT ltd. www.Open-IT.ca (204) 885 0872