[*] Call Routing help

M Bergen mbergen at skyweb.ca
Sat Feb 25 20:04:22 CST 2006

Hi Bill;
I have it set up for now to go directly to the extension set up to an IAX
account (just changed it). I have 2 phone numbers on my phone line (four
children, it was a matter of survival), I would like to have Asterisk set up
to forward one number to an IAX account and the other number to a SIP
account. This way depending on what number you dialed in (through the telco
line) you would be routed to the IAX or SIP account.
(I hope that makes sense, I lost myself there...)

Here is my extensions.conf file:

[globals]
MBERGEN=SIP/mbergen
BERGENM=IAX2/mbergen at mbergen
MLEITCH=SIP/mleitch
OUTBOUNDTRUNK=ZAP/1

[incoming]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Background(enter-ext-of-person)
exten => 201,1,Dial(${MBERGEN},10)
exten => 201,2,Playback(vm-nobodyavail)
exten => 201,3,Hangup()
exten => 201,102,Playback(tt-allbusy)
exten => 201,103,Hangup()
exten => 202,1,Dial(${MLEITCH},10)
exten => 202,2,Playback(vm-nobodyavail)
exten => 202,3,Hangup()
exten => 202,102,Playback(tt-allbusy)
exten => 202,103,Hangup()
exten => 203,1,Dial(${BERGENM},10)
exten => 203,2,Playback(vm-nobodyavail)
exten => 203,3,Hangup()
exten => 203,102,Playback(tt-allbusy)
exten => 203,103,Hangup()
exten => i,1,Playback(pbx-invalid)
exten => i,2,Goto(incoming,s,1)
exten => t,1,Playback(vm-goodbye)
exten => t,2,Hangup()

[internal]
include => outbound-local
exten => 201,1,Dial(${MBERGEN},,r)
exten => 203,1,Dial(${BERGENM},,R)

[outbound-local]
ignorepat => 9
exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(${OUTBOUNDTRUNK}/${EXTEN:1})
esten => _9NXXXXXX,2,Congestion()
exten => _9NXXXXXX,102,Congestion()

I am not sure but shouldn't something like this work, or am I way off?:

exten => 1234567,4,NoOp(Incoming call for Mark on #8431234567)
exten => 1234567,5,Dial(${BERGENM},10)
exten => 1234567,7,Hangup

exten => 1234568,4,NoOp(Incoming call for Matt on #8431234568)
exten => 1234568,5,Dial(${MLEITCH},10)
exten => 1234568,7,Hangup

Thanks for your time;
Mark