[*] New Asterisk Install (another one)

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Sun Feb 19 18:33:24 CST 2006

> I've installed Debian Sarge

My condolences.

> running. Zttools sees my fxo card (modem with ambient chip) but when I try
> calling the PBX does not answer.

Did you configure the fxo card in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf?  This tells
* about the card, and specifies which context the calls go to.

> I have not configured a dialplan yet, is that required? I'm kind of assuming
> out of the box the pbx would pick up.

Yes, you'll need something to Answer() the call, implicitly or
explicitly.  Even the demo from "make sample" should do the trick.

Also start up asterisk with -vvvvv and watch the console.

Sean

--
Sean Walberg <sean at ertw.com>                http://ertw.com