[*] SIP and nat

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Mon Dec 11 10:59:32 CST 2006

My impression is that nat= does all sorts of weirdness.

Among other things I believe it causes Asterisk:

- to ignore what IP address the device claims to be in the SIP headers.
- to do asymmetric RTP. (Asterisk will not send RTP until it gets at
least one RTP packet from the endpoint first)

And other stuff.

John