[*] WRT54G versions

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 25 08:36:51 CDT 2006

Hernan Popper wrote:
> I'm using [*] on the WRT54GL now, and the quality of the voice is really
> bad... Using alaw/ulaw with voipstunt directly is great, but via my
> brand new linksys the quality is horrible... can it be due to the
> processor power? I was thinking in reflashing my original WRT54GS with
> [*] to check if the voice quality is better...

I have used it on the slower processor and it seemed ok but I used it between
two phone connected to the Linksys.  Look in the /proc/cpuinfo  and see what the
bogomips says. Also at the CLI prompt issue the command  show translation

This will give you an idea of the CPU speed and the time required for translation.

-- Bill