[*] BCE + Aliant Merge

LES.NET (1996) INC. voip at les.net
Wed Apr 12 08:25:47 CDT 2006

I read this on another list I'm on.. thought I would pass it on.  Its news
to me!

This is a bit old, but better late than never.

http://www.bce.ca/en/news/releases/corp/2006/03/07/73404.html
http://www.aliant.ca/english/news/news2.asp?frompage=news&id=1327

BCE and Aliant are forming a new regional telecommunications company.
It will consist of Aliant (the former NBTel/MT&T/IslandTel/NewTel)
wireline assets, Bell Canada's regional lines trust (serving mostly rural
areas in Ontario and Québec) and Bell's 63% interest in Nordiq (which
operates Télébec and NorthernTel).

The new company will serve about 3.4 million lines and its headquarters
will be in Atlantic Canada. The above press releases did not mention the
name of the new company, but recent CRTC tariff filings refer to "Bell
Communications": <http://www.crtc.gc.ca/8740/eng/2006/b53.htm>

The Aliant press release includes a fact sheet with a map of the new
company's operating territories:
<http://www.aliant.ca/english/ir/pdf/factsheet.pdf>

--
Leslie Bester