[*] The Jeff Pulver Blog: Om, Since You Ask, Here Are My Initial Thoughts on the PC-to-PSTN Price War:

Ron Dallmeier ron at xtremedevices.com
Thu Apr 6 08:36:39 CDT 2006

The following was one of the comments below. Unfortunately, in Canada,
most of the cell providers are ILECs. But I wonder if companies like
Rogers and Shaw would consider free voice "peering" with ITSPs.

Usage on the PSTN is increasingly wireless. This suggests that many
VoIP-PSTN calls in fact don't terminate to LECs but to wireless (which
doesn't have access charges in the U.S.). Seems like there's a great
opportunity for someone to put together VoIP-wireless interconnection and
cut the LECs out of transit revenues. Such an arrangement could provide
expense reductions on calls in both directions.

...Ron