[*] EBAY SNAPS UP SKYPE

Ron Dallmeier ron at fiber.ca
Wed Sep 21 12:19:41 CDT 2005

I agree - It is simply insane numbers for such as small revenue generator.
Even if they did have 50 million users, 99% don't pay anything. All they
could hope to do is generate some ad revenue. They did set the standard for
ease of use but it doesn't take long for everyone to learn and offer the
same level within an open-standard.

I think the name is fitting because it was obviously derived from "Hype".

At one time didn't AOL count its number of users by how many free CDs were
handed out? ;)

...Ron