[*] asterisk, festival, sphinx, and... zork!

simon-maug at uc.org simon-maug at uc.org
Wed Oct 26 08:12:02 CDT 2005

I saw Sean Walberg asking about interesting AGI projects in the archives,
and I think someone mentioned my Zasterisk project, so I thought I'd speak
up.

Hi! I'm a software developer, based out of Toronto, working on various
ventures using Asterisk. I've switched my home over to VoIP using
Asterisk and a bunch of Budgetones ;), and set up a calling card service
for my family and friends strewn across the world.

I've also been working on integrating the old Infocom text adventure
"Zork" with Asterisk, as sort of a showcase of what's possible when the
phone system meets open source.

It's in the pre-pre alpha stage. I've got it talking to me through
Festival, and recognising DTMF digits as cardinal directions -- and just
recently, I pulled out the digit to cardinal mapping, and replaced it
with speech recognition using Sphinx.

http://uc.org/read/Zasterisk

Version 0.2 is coming really soon now(tm)! I just need to figure out how
to get sox to play nice with Perl's IPC... I would be delighted to hear
your thoughts on the idea.

Also, I'd be keen on linking the various AUG groups together using DUNDi,
if for nothing but fun -- anyone interested?

Cheers,
Simon P. Ditner