[*] Comments about VoIP presentation at CIPS

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Wed May 18 12:41:12 CDT 2005

Mark Monfette wrote:
> for what's it's worth...i think most people refer to this as VoN...not
> VoI. (unless you are trying to coin a new term!)

I think the reverse. Voice on the Net seems to be a Pulver invention and of
course would be used at the VON conference. I prefer VoI since I do not refer to
the Internet as The Net but that may be just me. The most common term is really
VoIP which of course is correct. You do not actually see VoI or VoN(excluding
references to the VON confernce) very often.

Here are a couple of links that refer to VoI:

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/I/Internet_telephony.html

http://www.lightreading.com/boards/message.asp?msg_id=100752

-- Bill