[*] QoS on Shaw

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Thu May 5 11:03:57 CDT 2005

John Lange wrote:
> Bill, what exactly is a DOCSIS modem?

  Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification
http://www.cablemodem.com/

> The modem I have here which was given to me when we upgraded to Shaw
> Extreme is a "Motorola SB5100 SURFBoard Cable Modem". Is this the
> DOCSIS?

yes.

> That doesn't seem to jive with what I know about the Shaw phone service
> as it doesn't have anything on it that looks related to phones.

You have to swap your modem out for another Motorola DOCSIS modem with 2 phone
jacks.

> One administrative note; can we change the list so replies go to the
> list? I Don't know how others feel about that but I find it more
> convenient.

I am easy with this since the list is small. For larger lists I think the
feeling is that it is better to have reply go to sender since if that wasn't the
intent then lots of people receive unintended messages.

It certainly is more convenient. I will change it to reply to the list.