[*] AGI ideas?

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Mon May 2 21:43:06 CDT 2005

Dan & Michele wrote:
> Sean A. Walberg wrote:
>

>> I'm trying to think of something bigger to write to get some more
>> experience... Any ideas?
>>

> Interface it to any of your home control systems.
> ie: X10 comes to mind, or your home security system (if you have an
> interface)

Asterisk at Home is distributed with xPL.  From the manual:

xPL is a very simple and powerful home automation protocol. It can be used it
interface Asterisk into an existing home automation system. For example if you
get a call your TiVo can display the caller ID info on your TV screen and turn
down the stereo.

If you have a Microsoft based home automation system see the xPL project page
(http://www.xplproject.org.uk/).

If you have a fully Linux based system MisterHouse (http://www.misterhouse.net)
has a good xPL interface.

One of the best features of xPL is the ability to mix and match applications. A
few Windows apps, MisterHouse on Linux, Asterisk at Home on CentOS, and a TiVo can
all be on the same network and share xPL information.

-- Bill