[*] Making a submission to the CRTC

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Fri Mar 4 12:35:01 CST 2005

I feel this is an important enough issue that we (whomever that might
be) should file an official request to the CRTC to prevent ISPs from
assigning their own VOIP traffic a higher priority than their
competitors.

With so few options available for affordable high-speed internet
connectivity (essentially only Shaw & MTS), and with both the major
players also being in the Telco business it is inevitable they will try
to use their networks to their advantage.

Does anyone have experience making a submission to the CRTC? Since the
CRTC doesn't exactly move at the speed of light I think its important to
be proactive.

John

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 22:54, Bill Reid wrote:
> Interesting article about how telco and cable companies could make life
> difficult for ITSPs. I would think in Canada that the CRTC would not
> allow this game playing. He also talks about theswitchboard.ca
>

> http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20050303.html
John Lange
OpenIT ltd.
(204) 885 0872