[*] Report on our 1st meeting

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 2 16:12:22 CST 2005

Thanks to the 11 who showed up for our first meeting. It was a most
enjoyable and informative evening. We started shortly after 7:00 and
went till around 9:30. A highlight of the evening was an impromptu demo
by Hernan Popper of fwdOUT and his home Asterisk server. Thanks to Jay
McDonald for the projector and doughnuts and to Epic Solutions for the
meeting room and coffee.

Since I only had one person say that Tues was not a good night it was
decided to have future meetings on the 1st Tues of the month at 7:00PM.

It was also agreed that the format of the meeting would be to open with
introductions followed by a general round table discussion and then have
one or more prepared demos or presentations. The main focus is the
Asterisk system but more general VoIP issues would also be appropriate.

Here is a few of my suggestions for demos or presentations:

Asterisk applications

Asterisk AGI

Asterisk Manager interface

Asterisk GUIs - e.g. AMP, vmail.cgi

Running SER with Asterisk

Dialplan Hacks

Asterisk Realtime (using database in place of conf files)

Dundi

ENUM/E.164

SIP technology

Asterisk/NAT/STUN issues

Please add to this list and let me know if you want to demo or present
any topic. It need not be a long (10-20 minutes). Also do not feel that
you have to be an expert on the topic. Look on it more as a learning
experience. It is a small group and I see the demos or presentations as
an opportunity for general sharing on the topic.

Our next meeting will be Tues April 5 at 7:00, place to be determined.

-- Bill