[*] Catching all result codes (finally solved the mystery)

Stuart Williams swilliams at cmu.ca
Wed Mar 2 13:33:51 CST 2005

> Subject: [*] Catching all result codes (finally solved the mystery)

> Further to the question I asked at last night's meeting regarding
> allowing for all status and return codes from an attempted dial...

With respect to documentation on all status and return codes possible,
there's nothing better than reading the source.

A quick grep, with no double-checking to be sure the context is
appropriate, found this list:

CHANUNAVAIL | CONGESTION | NOANSWER | BUSY | ANSWER | CANCEL

in these places:

  apps/app_dial.c - help text for Dial
  app_osplookup.c - help text, but with CANCEL missing
  doc/README.variables
  include/asterisk/causes.h - no way to know which ones used
  res/res_osp.c in function cause2reason() - subset with UNALLOCATED added
  include/asterisk/cdr.h - subset for a different purpose

It's not always the same list because the purpose is different
depending on the context.

That said, your solution (and bugfix) with wildcards in the dialplan
is more robust.

Stuart Williams.