[*] Polycom 300

LES.NET (1996) INC. voip at les.net
Wed Dec 14 15:47:57 CST 2005

My experience with polycom (especially if you want to use both lines)

is that you need a type=user, and a type=peer sip.conf entry for each line.

type=friend will not work (or did not work in asterisk 6 months ago)

so if you want to use both lines, you need 4 sip.conf entries

Les
> Trying to configure a Polycom 300 to work with @Home.  Having trouble
> correlating what's required between AMP's "SIP Extension" values and the
> values available via the Polycom web interface (http://192.168.20.241 in
> my case) at the phone's IP address.
>
> I figure it's a quick and simple enough process but am having some
> trouble, figure I'm not too far off.  Currently have a SIP and Analog
> phone configured but am having trouble with this sort of phone
> configuration.
>
> Anyone available to get me configured would be much appreciated.

Leslie Bester
LES.NET (1996) INC.
1-866-944-0009