[*] Asterisk@Home - Record Incoming and Record Outgoing (Browser-friendly)

Brent Hawryluk bhawryluk at pbl.ca
Wed Dec 14 09:42:21 CST 2005

Why or why doesn't the text wrap in the browser.  Quite annoying...

I'm baaaaaaaaaack...  =)

Just getting my feet wet with @Home 2.1 after digging through Asterisk 1.2.0 and getting the optimal functionality out of it.
With @Home, currently have configured one-touch recording via pressing *#.  This is with Record Incoming and/or Record
Outgoing (depending on which way I'm calling the extension) set to On Demand of course.  I have to admit, the ability to
check voicemail through a web browser is very cool, in addition to recording phone calls through the *# or automatically
(although for me, not yet as explained below).

Now, when setting RI and/or RO to Always, it never records when the extension is called/calling.  Hoping someone can
help to lead me down the right road here.  FYI - I have an IP phone (Polycom 300), SIP (X-Lite) and Analog phone.

Also, in frustration with trying to decifer what all the values on the AMP are for with the little documentation is there for
@Home (even saw some guy post offering a bounty of $200 to anyone who wrote some documentation on installing and
configuring @Home...), I transferred in my previously constructed Extensions, SIP, Zaptel and Voicemail configuration
(conf) files into my @Home install, replacing the existing files.  Much to my pleasure, the phones were instantly working
the same way once again with @Home as they did with these files with Asterisk 1.2.0.  Nice to know the @Home
architecture didn't expect anything else to be configured before the system was able to work.

However, I now realize there are these "Additional" files (ie - extensions_additional.conf), which contain what's added via
the AMP (extensions etc).  In my case, not everything that I have configured phone-wise was added through the AMP
browser (which is why I brought in my other Asterisk 1.2.0 conf files mentioned in the paragraph above - thinking the
browser reads and displays the values from these conf files and not the Additional files as well).  Is there any way to
update the Additional files based on what's in the main ones?  IE - Extensions.conf -> Extensions_Additonal.conf.
Or just try to fill in what's missing and see how it shows up in the AMP?  I'm beginning to think although @Home has
some nice bells and whistles, it isn't as easy to use as it should be.

I also am having issues downloading the WAV voice message.  Can listen through the FireFox browser (had to install
Quicktime) and delete but when clicking Download, creates a number of errors in the browser.