[*] MTS cell phone number not available outside MTS PSTN

Shawn Wallbridge shawn at wallbridge.net
Sat Dec 10 15:58:55 CST 2005

On 10-Dec-05, at 3:43 PM, Bill Reid wrote:

> I have temporary use of an MTS cell phone. The number was activated on
> Thur or Fri of last week. On my Shaw phone I get number not available
> and with Les.net I get circuit-busy. You of course can reach the cell
> phone from an MTS landline.
>
> Have others experienced this problem?
>
> -- Bill

I had a similar problem when I got my first Fido phone years and years
ago. I was one of the first on a new, well I am not sure what they are
called, but the first three digits of the phone number (XXX-). No one
from anywhere but Fido could call us until Fido told everyone about our
numbers. It wasn't fun. I think it took three or four days.

shawn