[*] vmail.cgi

Brent Hawryluk bhawryluk at pbl.ca
Tue Dec 6 14:16:17 CST 2005

Guess who?  Yes, it's your favorite newbie once again.  Just posting another message for
those of you who may have gone through this and can help me out.  Always appreciated.

Anybody get WebVMail working?  I've got our Apache Web Server running and when viewing
the webpage at http://IP_ADDRESS/cgi-bin/vmail.cgi, get the error...
Server error!
  The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
  Error message:
  Premature end of script headers: vmail.cgi
I've Googled and found a little.  One says "RedHat's PERL doesn't allow suid.  You'll have to turn
off the "s" flag on vmail.cgi (chmod -s /var/www/cgi-bin/vmail.cgi) and fiddle with permissions".
- Tried that, nope.  Another one says you need to turn on the PERL Suid.  Which is it?
Anything else?