[*] Guidance Requested from knowledgable group in configuring between phones

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Fri Dec 2 09:39:05 CST 2005

A couple of things come to mind

- what's the debug output say?  ie start asterisk up with -vvvvvv

- Digit collection - When the call comes from the PBX, asterisk will pick
up the call and try to figure out where to send it.  However, on an
analogue line you don't get digits.  So, you either have a default (ie
ring extension XXX) or  present an autoattendent ("dial the extension of
the person you wish to call")

Outbound you have to make sure you're passing all the digits with ${EXTEN}
to the outbound FXO port/group.  Otherwise you'll just get dialtone.

Again, the debug output at level 6 will tell you what's happening.

Sean

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, Brent Hawryluk wrote:

> My PBX, which contains RedHat 9 and Asterisk 1.2.0, has a TDM400P card in it.  Channels 1 and 2 are FXS with Channels 3 and 4 as FXO (figure the card comes that way as default and could change to 1 FXS and 1 FXO if that helps), as per the AsteriskTFOT document.
>
> Incoming phone line (extension 427) is plugged into slot 3 (FXO) while Analog phone is plugged into slot 1 (FXS).  Trying to call extension 377 (as [internal] in extensions.conf) from Analog phone through PBX to desk phone and extension 427 (as [incoming] in extensions.conf) from desk phone through PBX to analog phone.  I currently get a dialtone on the analog phone when running Asterisk and have a line of code under [internal] configured so that I can dial extension 377 (desk phone) although once I do so, nothing happens and then it hangs up.  I've also played around with [incoming] calling from my desk phone to the extension and can get the standard messages to play (enter-ext-of-person, demo-congrats etc) but that doesn't give me any indication that I'm physically connection to anything properly.  Not THROUGH the card at least.
>
> Examples I've found reference using FWD (Free World Dialup), so I've signed up with an account (which I've read doesn't become active until 24 hours later due to volume I figure) but I'm wondering why I would need to rely on such a service.  Perhaps it's needed to communicate through the TDM400P.  They also include some shotty blurbs concerning code needed in the extensions and iaf conf files, unclear what should or shouldn't already be in it.  The AsteriskTFOT gives code for the files but doesn't mention needing any Globals while FWD's website mentions needing to add some.  Also, when you sign up for an account, it automatically associates that computer's IP with your account number.  Problem is I registered using my desk computer and not the PBX.  Don't know if or how I could have signed up with the service via the PBX machine without the visual portion of RedHat installed with it.  Maybe I could just contact FWD and have them update my account to be associated with the !
 PBX's IP instead.

--
Sean Walberg <sean at ertw.com>                    http://ertw.com