[*] Shaw not selling VoIP?

DAN KEIZER ve4drk at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 24 14:55:47 CDT 2005

Not to defend nor attack shaw, but I suspect they are differentiating themselves from the open internet connectivity vs their own managed cablesystems "internal" infrastructure.  Let's face it, some guys I talked to that have used VoIP services in the past (such as vonage or primus), have changed to shaw and like it better as it does not have the qos issues that the other "true internet" voip services have.  Local vs remote servers and where the digital connects to the pstn.
If I had voip installed at a workplace for internal use, I wouldn't have internal Voip issues either if I ran a properly setup network and managed it properly.

Differentiating their service to the entrenched voip services is my bet on what they're doing ...

Dan.