[*] [Fwd: MTS Transfers]

LES.NET (1996) INC. voip at les.net
Thu Aug 18 09:44:14 CDT 2005

I just spoke with the competition manager at the CRTC.

The 'real' issue with the Number porting with MTS is this..

MTS bills everything based on your phone number.  (ie: not account number)

So if you have MTS High speed + MTS TV + MTS Phone, and you try to move to
Shaw, MTS's billing system cannot cope with the fact that you no longer
have a phone number, and has no way to bill TV + High Speed.

This happened to me a year ago.  I had a private line, and my main
business like 944-0009.   Both were separate services, unrelated.  They
both appeared on my business phone bill.

I ported my 944-0009 to Group Telecom, and then magicaly, all the MTS
services I had on my phone bill stopped working.

A lady at MTS had the nerve to directly tell me "Well this is all your
fault."  Which pretty much primped the pump for tooth-and-nail
retaliation.

It was immediately after this that I started recording all inbound and
outbound calls.   (Which, upon reminding people that all calls are
recorded, seems to solve problems before they become problems).

So if this Brenda Garnet is saying transfers are an issue with 911 and DA,
that is a totally unrelated issue to the shaw.  Infact, the CRTC said it
is not MTS's place or responsibility to police that.

Les.

>> Brenda Garnet from MTS [...] informed me that there will be no more
>> transfers from them to any PRI effective immediately. Due to the
>> issues with 911 and directory assistant not be accessible from VOIP
>> telephones.
>
> So the panic at MTS has set in. They are now using their monopoly to
> thwart competition.
>
> --
> John Lange
> OpenIT ltd. www.Open-IT.ca (204) 885 0872
> VoIP, Web services, Linux Consulting, Server Co-Location

Leslie Bester
LES.NET (1996) INC.
1-866-944-0009