[*] Topics for upcoming meetings

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 8 13:31:27 CDT 2005

LES.NET (1996) INC. wrote:
> An interesting topic would be this:

> This means everyone providing DIDs with ATAs (me, vonage, primus, etc.)
> are all operating contrary to regulation, since we are not clecs.

That is an interesting comment. If that is the case then there is even a
stronger case for not regulating VoIP. I was looking at the list of proposed
CLECs and I see there are three companies from Wpg (I have not heard of any of them)

http://support.crtc.gc.ca/tlcmlsts/default.aspx?indx=40&lang=e

The obligations to become a CLEC seem pretty onerous and would eliminate most
small ITSPs.

So what is CRTCs position with respect to you? Did they intend to shut you and
other ITSPs down?

-- Bill