[RndTbl] Emails sent to Shaw email addresses being blocked

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Tue May 7 02:34:27 CDT 2024

On Mon 06 May 2024 at 22:48:30 -05:00, Trevor Cordes <trevor at tecnopolis.ca> wrote:
> Hartmut:
>
> Your case would be slightly different since you are getting drops, not
> bounces.  Your case could be more related to what I'm going to present
> than Montana's.

Indeed, I want to attend, if I can get a ride.  Otherwise, I'll try virtual, though that doesn't work well on my hardware (read: dated).

> All the Big Email companies are making life extremely
> difficult for little senders and huge senders alike.  The Borg demands
> its sacrifices!!  :-)

That's what I've been preaching to my friends and customers for the last number of years, and I've been supplying them with e-mail facilities that do SPF/DKIM/DMARC properly.  That still doesn't entirely stop Gmail (as receiver) from deciding by their divine algorithms to "silently discard" messages - not spam, no non-focussed (er, misfocussed) Inbox, no bounce, just silence - sender and receiver are none the wiser.

Hartmut