[RndTbl] sshd: Corrupted MAC on input.

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Tue Aug 11 01:17:43 CDT 2020

On 2020-08-10 Gilbert E. Detillieux wrote:

> It also doesn't seem to have caused a noticeable performance hit.
> I'm thinking we were disk I/O bound on the remote (receiving) end,
> anyway, so if the network I/O is a bit slower, we wouldn't see it.

The offload is barely noticeable with modern-ish CPUs with a zillion
cores.  I guess if you're maxing out 10Gb links maybe you'd notice it a
touch.

As for the problem being solved... I can now virtually guarantee you
that somewhere on your board is bad caps.  If the system used to run
this load without problem, then started having this problem (as opposed
to the system always having this problem), then it's caps.  You may
have solved this weird issue for now, but the caps will slowly get
worse and other weird things will occur.  If you ever take a peek
inside, let us know!