[RndTbl] RJ12 jack

Wyatt Zacharias wyatt at magitech.ca
Fri Feb 19 21:20:46 CST 2016

Digikey should have a connector that meets your needs, but you'll probably
have to take some measurements and then check the data sheet of the one you
plan to buy to make sure it'll match your holes properly. Make sure to go
to the Canadian site: digikey.ca. Shipping is flat rate $8, no other duty
of fees.

Wyatt Zacharias (mobile)
On 19 Feb 2016 8:35 p.m., "Robert Dyck" <rbdyck2 at shaw.ca> wrote:

> I have a customer who needs some parts fixed. She bought a pair of used
> tanning beds. They don't work. Fixing that isn't what I do, but this
> customer actually pays. One of the employees brought a circuit board
> with an RJ12 jack. The jack was yanked out. I tried to straighten, but
> couldn't. Tried to desolder to losen it, but then the jack came apart. I
> need a new jack.
> This is a phone jack. RJ11, RJ12, and RJ14 all use the same plastic.
> RJ11 = 6P2C (6 pole, 2 contacts)
> RJ12 = 6P6C
> RJ14 = 6P4C
> The cables all have 4 wire, but the jack has 6 solder points. It has 2
> plastic posts, and the wires go through holes in the circuit board.
> I first looked at Active Electronics website, but the only ones they
> have use punchdown connections. Where would I get one that solders?
> Rob Dyck
> _______________________________________________
> Roundtable mailing list
> Roundtable at muug.mb.ca
> http://www.muug.mb.ca/mailman/listinfo/roundtable
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.muug.mb.ca/pipermail/roundtable/attachments/20160219/a2c28a66/attachment.html>

More information about the Roundtable mailing list