[Jobs] Senior Linux Systems Specialist role at 24-7 Intouch
trdenton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 18:17:00 CDT 2020
Hello MUUG members - 24-7 Intouch <https://24-7intouch.com/> is looking for
a Senior Systems Specialist (Linux). If you are interested in the
position, please email your CV to me directly.
I do not yet have an official job description to share for this position,
but the info below should be close. Important to note that this may not
match the pending official description/requirements.
Another note: this role/team is working from home until "at least next
year". The (empty) office is located in downtown Winnipeg at 240 Kennedy
General duties: Systems design, administration, maintenance. Supporting
other technical/design teams.
A successful candidate will have:
- Strong knowledge and experience with CentOS/Debian on VMware and bare
- Automation experience (preferably Chef) along with programming or strong
scripting experience (familiarity with Ruby preferred).
- Experience with common Unix daemon setup, maintenance, and
troubleshooting (eg. httpd, bind, sshd, rsyslogd, auditd, squid, samba,
- Understanding of clustering software such as Corosync/Pacemaker.
- Experience with integrating Linux in a Microsoft Active Directory
- Solid understanding of single sign-on (SSO) protocols such as SAML and
OAuth2/OIDC with experience configuring applications using Active Directory
authentication or SSO solutions, both commercial (eg. Okta) and on-site
- Intermediate level understanding of IP networking including basic
routing, packet flow. Familiar with Linux netfilter/iptables and VPN
- Security minded, understands common vectors of attack at system,
configuration, and application levels and how to prevent/mitigate.
- Experience with ITIL-style corporate processes including
- Strong ability to quickly pick up and learn new or unfamiliar technologies
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Jobs