[Jobs] Fwd: Employment Opportunity
Gilbert E. Detillieux
gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Tue Oct 21 11:32:02 CDT 2008
FYI... (I have no affiliation with this company. Please respond to the
addresses below, rather than replying to me.)
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Employment Opportunity
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:27:06 -0400
From: Maureen Harrison <maureenh at procom.ca>
To Whom it May Concern:
I am writing to ask you to post the attached job description to your
website to distribute to your user group. I am an Account Manager with
Procom in London, Ontario. My client is a reputable employer in London
who have been operational for the last 60 years. They are a
manufacturing company which produces custom event recorders for the rail
Due to expansion they are looking for an embedded Linux developer. The
Company is sound and growing and offers an excellent growth
opportunity. London, Ontario is a great place to live - 2 hours west of
Toronto - lots of restaurants and community involvement - and NO
traffic, excellent housing costs and cost of living etc. Please visit
London at www.goodmovelondon.com <http://www.goodmovelondon.com>. I
would greatly like to talk with anyone who is interested in learning
more about this position. Please contact myself or James Campbell at
jamesc at procom.ca <mailto:jamesc at procom.ca>.
289 Dufferin Avenue, Suite 400
London, Ontario N6B 1Z1
View available jobs at www.procom.ca
PROCOM - 'Bringing People & Technology Together'
Join My Linked In Network http://www.linkedin.com/in/maureenlondon
Embedded Linux Real-Time software Developer Position
Bach-Simpson specializes in the design and development of real-time data
acquisition and control instrumentation for the railway industry. We are
looking for an embedded Linux developer with real-time data acquisition
experience. If you have worked in this or a similar environment for 5
years and have a degree in engineering or applied science, or equivalent
experience, please contact jamesc at procom.ca or maureenh at procom.ca.
- Understand verbal and written system specifications and translate them
into system designs.
- Produce design documentation for other team members using Class and
Interaction diagrams, State Maps, Flow Charts, Data Flow Diagrams,
Timing Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, etc.
- Design moderately complex software and firmware systems.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate on design with electrical engineers and other software
engineers to develop a complete solution.
- Develop system testing procedures.
- Knowledge of the embedded Linux operating system.
- Understanding of formal software engineering methodologies and
Software Development Lifecycle.
- Understanding of concurrent programming.
- Understanding of Linux Kernel Loadable Modules (KLMs).
- Ability to use revision control systems.
- Good real-time debugging skills.
- Intermediate to expert level of knowledge with C and C++
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Able to design code for reuse.
- Experience with Linux on an ARM processor in a PC104 form factor.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools.
- Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- TCP/IP and socket programming.
- Web server.
- Linux device driver development.
More information about the Jobs