[*] Interesting question

Justin Davidow justin at xens.net
Wed Jan 16 17:14:34 CST 2013

Hey Sir!

Generally to place a call with asterisk, you want to specify the source and
destination of the call, this is done with the asterisk manager interface
(AGI)
(some interesting reading here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+AGI+php )

Using the asterisk manager via PHP can either be done through a library,
 or via raw "fputs" (the library will just wrap these calls to nice
functions)

You'll have to come up with a way of setting the "source" of the call,
 maybe a login script that stores the local user's extension number?  You
can then pass the local extension to the manager as the source, and
asterisk will call you first,  THEN place the outgoing leg of the call to
the far side once you've answered your side.

if you wanted to do a directory where you simply:

1. login (with even just a username,  though passwords would make me feel
better inside)
2. are presented with a list of numbers,  (even dynamically generated ones)
3. click a number,
4. your phone rings
5. you answer the local leg
6. asterisk places an outgoing call to the number you clicked
7. the calls are connected

I MAY have a click-to-call style script laying around (those are somewhat
the other way,  where a customer enters their phone number and clicks next,
  it places a call to the local sales agents THEN calls the customer back
when a live agent is able to answer the call.

Anything in particular you're stuck on?  Would you like a code sample (that
works)?

-Justin

On 16 January 2013 16:53, Akash Deep Singh <akashdeepsingh at dsicanada.com>wrote:

> How can we use asterisk to make a call from php based website. ****
>
> ** **
>
> For e.g. I have an asterisk based system and website or a php page showing
> list of people with their numbers.  So what I want to do is click the
> number and call goes through my asterisk system.  I could answer it using
> my deskphone or softphone. ****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Can we use TAPI or some sort of script in php to pass the number to
> asterisk. ****

 - Justin Davidow
Unit #9 - 860 Westminster Ave
Winnipeg, MB, Canada