[*] Changing "reply to" for list

Shawn Wallbridge shawn at synack-hosting.com
Thu Nov 30 18:20:17 CST 2006

On 30-Nov-06, at 10:50 AM, Bill Reid wrote:

> I would like to change the reply for this list to the recommended
> approach of reply to poster not the list.
>
> John convinced me way back to go with "reply to list" but since
> most lists use reply to poster I prefer that option.
>
> The disadvantage is that you have to remember to do a "Reply All"
> rather than just a reply. With a "Reply All" the poster and list
> name are both included but the poster will only receive one email.
>
> The disadvantage of the way it is set up now is that it is non-
> standard and it is not easy to reply to just the poster if you
> want. It has not been a big problem on our list but for large lists
> email meant for just the poster often get emailed to the whole list.
>
> Comments?
>
> -- Bill

Not that it really matters to me, but almost every list that I have
been on that has developed into a real community has been "reply to
list", so I prefer it. And their is nothing worse than finding the
exact problem you are having on google, but no solution because the
replies only went to the sender.

My $.02

shawn